/* Google Analytics --------------- */ /* ----------------------------- */

-----> PLAY SWARDTRIS NOW! <-----
 

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Bitten by the Summer Book Bug

I apologize to my dear faithful readers for the 3-week delay between posts. I have been caught up reading two very gripping books: "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova, and "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" by, of course, J. K. Rowling.

I have heard of several people who have read "Harry Potter" in two days or less. I am not one of those people. I just don't read that fast; nor do I have all the time in the world. I read each as quickly as I was able and enjoyed each immensely.

I do love to read, nearly as much as I love programming. I will, of course, try to continue to program some more of my own stuff this summer, but there may be some books that continue to distract me here and there. If any of you can recommend some good ones, I'm all ears. A couple I have on my list already are: "The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana" by Umberto Eco, and "The World Is Flat" by Thomas L. Friedman. "The World Is Flat" is on the recommendation of a friend, while "The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana" is one I stumbled upon today. I think it looks interesting.

Again, I'm interested in your suggestions! Oh, and there's more tetris to come. This is a programming blog, after all...

2 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger landismom said...

If you liked Harry Potter, I'd also recommend a series by Phillip Pullman called "His Dark Materials".

The Eco book is interesting, but the ending is kind of weird.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Stephen said...

Thanks. I'll check it out. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home