/* Google Analytics --------------- */ /* ----------------------------- */

-----> PLAY SWARDTRIS NOW! <-----
 

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

3ds Max - Progress

Doing a quick search on Google, I found a page describing the file format (link: http://www.spacesimulator.net/tut4_3dsloader.html) and I started working on implementing it. That was going along fairly well when my co-worker (his name is Derek Davis, for those of you with a hankering for personal information) reminded me of an open source library that already does the work for me. He had pointed it out to me a good long while ago and it turns out that I bookmarked it. What luck! The link to that is http://lib3ds.sourceforge.net/. I haven't downloaded it yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will turn out to be helpful. I thought it would be fun to parse the files with my own code, but then I realized there are other things I'd rather work on. Why reinvent the wheel? Thank you, everyone, for your support in this. Tell your friends! And if any of your have any suggestions about what libraries I should use, please leave a comment. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home