/* Google Analytics --------------- */ /* ----------------------------- */

-----> PLAY SWARDTRIS NOW! <-----
 

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Texture Mapping - Ray Tracer

Okay, all you faithful readers out there, it's time I started actually working on my ray tracer again. I have decided that the next feature I need to add to it is texture mapping. I have been intimidated by texture mapping thus far for one simple reason: the scene editor. Allow me to elaborate. Many of you saw my last post about having first created an interactive scene editor before having actually done any ray tracing. The scene editor has turned out to be both a boon and a curse. It's great because it gives me a wonderful idea of what my scene will look like before I ray trace it; but it is also a pain because for most of the features I want to add to my ray tracer, I have to add them to my scene editor as well. To make a long story short, I have not implemented texture mapping yet because I haven't felt like figuring out how to add an interface for it in my scene editor. But my days of fear are over and I am going to start working on texture mapping now. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home